CALL US: (02) 6362 0448
Start or grow your business with Business Connect
Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start or grow your business.
How Business Connect can help
- Access practical, highly subsidised business advice from an accredited advisor who will come to you.
- Attend an event to get the skills and training to improve your business.
- Complete a Health Check with an advisor to understand your business better
Business Connect Advisors are across NSW, providing highly quality subsidised small business advice and have valuable experience, strong local networks and the skills to help small businesses in NSW achieve positive results for their business.
We understand small businesses are busy, so our Business Connect advisors are mobile and travel to meet with you in a convenient location.
Each Business Connect Advisor is able to talk to you about your business and work with you to discover ways to improve your business.
Our advisors utilise a series of business health checks that look at a range of topics including General Business Health, Emergency Planning, Succession Planning, Marketing, Social Media and Online Presence to name a few. Through this diagnostic approach your Business Connect Advisors can help you identify and put in place strategies and actions to help your business succeed.
The Central NSW Business HQ (formally the Central NSW BEC) offers the Business Connect program in Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Lithgow, Mid Western, Oberon, Orange & Weddin Local Government Areas (LGA's). To make an appointment contact the Business HQ on 63620448 or via email .
Your Business Connect Advisor will commence your session with a "Business Diagnostic Health Check" on your current business or for business start-ups an "Intender Diagnostic" of your business idea. From the diagnostic we then highlight the areas that are "Good, Bad & Ugly" and develop strategies to strengthen each area to lay a solid foundation for business growth. Your Business Connect Advisor will assist you develop an action plan to move your business forward.
The Business Connect program helps small business owners via:
- Mobile, face-to-face business advice with an accredited business advisor
- Skills development through workshops and seminars
- The NSW Business Connect Bus visiting regional communities
- Supporting and hosting local business events
- Providing a range of business resources and fact sheets to help your business grow
Business Connect Advisors are across NSW, providing highly quality subsidised small business advice and have valuable experience, strong local networks and the skills to help small businesses in NSW achieve positive results for their business. We understand small businesses are busy, so our Business Connect advisors are mobile and travel to meet with you in a convenient location. Each Business Connect Advisor is able to talk to you about your business and work with you to discover ways to improve your business.
Where to next?
Contact the Business HQ on 02 6362 0448 or via email to book in an appointment with a Business Connect Advisor and to discuss your business and mentoring requirements.
What is the NSW Small Business Commissioner?
The Office of the Small Business Commissioner was established in mid 2011. Robyn Hobbs OAM is the current NSW Small Business Commissioner appointed in 2014.
The role of the Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner (OSBC) is to support the sustainability of small businesses in NSW by:
- providing information, strategic and procedural advice, confidential mediation and dispute resolution services;
delivering quality small business support through a range of programs and service;
speaking up for small business within government.
- providing low-cost dispute resolution services
- advising Government how best to provide assistance to small businesses and
- identifying ways in which Government can create a climate in which the small business sector can flourish.